Applications for the BTCF Arts Build Community – Rapid Response Small Grants 2022 are now open (up to $7,500). The grantmaking component of Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation (BTCF) Arts Build Community initiative supports the testing of new ideas to increase community engagement through the arts and creative process, especially among communities of color, youth, immigrants and residents who would like to participate in arts and culture programming but face challenges such as cost, transportation and disconnection from the arts in the Berkshires.
Deadline: Rolling Basis
BTCF seeks to aid innovation among Berkshire County nonprofit arts and cultural organizations and community organizations that present significant arts and cultural programming as they launch new projects, expand existing programs, collaborate with other organizations and pivot to virtual and socially distanced events due to the pandemic.
- Grant awards will range up to $7,500 per organization. The total amount available for all awards is $60,000.
Nonprofit arts and cultural organizations and organizations with arts and cultural programming in Berkshire County.
- Be incorporated as a 501(c)(3) organization or operate under the fiscal sponsorship of a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Have operated with active arts and/or community engagement programming.
- Be based in and serve residents of Berkshire County. Fiscal sponsors may be located outside of the county.
- Not include in its by-laws or practice discrimination against a person or group on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief.
- Have as its mission a focus on arts and creativity or is an organization for which an arts and creativity program can further its core mission.
Applications will be reviewed by Berkshire Taconic staff using the following criteria:
- Emphasis on arts and creativity as a program strategy
- Readiness of the organization to implement and learn from the proposed project
- Potential impact of the project on the residents with whom it engages
- Demonstrated ability of the organization to implement change and grow
The application process opens on March 1 and will be considered on a rolling basis until all funds are expended.
For more information, visit BTCF Grants.