Below are College Rank List Anna University 2019/2020 PDF – TNEA Rank List and Top Engineering Colleges is yet to be out, book mark this page once it’s out it will be published here. TNEA Rank List 2019 – Anna University has released both the overall rank and category-wise TNEA 2018 rank lists on June 28 in online mode only. Candidates can access the TNEA rank list 2018 by entering their registered email ID and password. The rank list of TNEA 2018 was prepared based on marks obtained by candidates in the prescribed subjects in qualifying exam, after reducing them to a base of 200 (Physics + Chemistry =100, Mathematics =100). Mathematics carries more weightage than either of the other two subjects. Also, to account for difference in difficulty level of different boards, a normalisation method has been used for preparing the TNEA rank list 2018. In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se merit was determined based on set parameters, including issue of random number. The call letter of TNEA will be issed to candidates who have been shortlisted for counselling based on the TNEA 2018 rank list. Go through the rest of the article to know all the finer points about TNEA rank list 2018.
How to Access TNEA Rank List 2019/2020
- Click on the TNEA 2018 rank list link
- On the log-in panel that opens, enter the following details:
- Email ID
- TNEA 2018 Password
- Click on Enter
- The TNEA 2018 rank list will be displayed on screen
How is TNEA 2019 Rank List prepared?
- For preparing the rank list of TNEA 2018, the marks obtained in physics, chemistry and mathematics in the qualifying exam will be considered, but only after reducing them to 200.
- Mathematics will carry maximum weightage (100), while Physics and Chemistry will combined have weightage of 100.
- Normalisation of Marks: Considering there may be variation in difficulty level between the State Board of Tamil Nadu and other Boards or Authorities, the marks will be equated by adopting a normalisation process. In this process, if the highest mark obtained by a candidate of Tamil Nadu Board is 100, in say Chemistry, and by a student from another board is 90, both the scores will be treated as equal to 100. If another candidate of the same board scores 60 in the subject (where the highest mark is 90), it will be considered as equivalent to 66.66.100*60/90 = 66.66
- After normalising the scores, the candidates will be put on a common merit list.
Inter-se Merit for TNEA Rank List 2019/2020The TNEA 2018 rank list will be prepared based on total marks of 200. It may happen that two or more candidates may obtain the same marks, in which case the inter-se merit between the candidates will be determined based on the following priority:
- % of marks in Mathematics
- % of marks in Physics
- % of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Date of birth of the candidate (the older candidate will get preference)
- Assigned random number (higher the random number, the higher the priority)